Heat wave disaster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://sciencept.forumotion.asia

School shootings Empty School shootings

Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:24 am
One of the issues in the United States is school shootings. Either they can't avoid them or they decide not to fix them. Even the locals themselves discourage individuals from all over the world from relocating there because of these atrocious incidents. On May 24, 2022, a mass shooting took place at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, in the United States. Salvador Ramos, then just 18 years old and a former pupil at the school, shot and killed 19 kids and 2 instructors, while injuring 17 others. How do we even immediately stop such things from happening?

Admin, flanx and Alexza like this post

Alexza

School shootings Empty Re: School shootings

Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:26 am
Apart than curbing access to firearms, I cannot think of any other solutions. They should presumably escape as much as possible. I feel sorry for them.

Admin and Alexza like this post

flanx

Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:57 am
What we are trying to solve is an on-the-spot problem. How I wish running could be as easy for everyone; how about those who cannot run properly? or even disabled ones? I think that we can counter such attacks by blocking the doorway and hiding somewhere dark.

Admin, flanx and Alexza like this post

marcus tan

Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:44 pm
We cannot just feel for them. Actual solutions are needed for on-the-spot attacks. To run is my first proposal. Not to run far away but toward the attacker. Risky, is not it? I do not think so. The faster you accelerate, the greater the force with which you will either bump into the shooter due to friction or push him forward with the force you intend. Speed gives us options, and we can freely use it. Running away can be more risky for me than running toward; running toward will either distract the shooter or they would not have guessed such a response would happen.

Admin and Alexza like this post

Alexza

Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:36 am
As much as I agree with the third commenter, I believe we need more certainty and less risk in order to solve this problem. How about an accessible room that students can access easily and hide behind? Bulletproof windows and equipment would also do. This can help until the police arrive.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum